Reducing the environmental impact of the 1st Joint Congress of the Swiss Society for Pediatric Surgery and Swiss Society for Paediatric Anaesthesia
For participants, environmental impact includes travel to and in Lausanne, accommodation, food and drinks.
For organizers, this concerns the building in which the meeting is held, information media, badges, catering services, the signage and other additions made specifically for the conference.
SSPS and SSPA strongly encourage attendees to help reduce the environmental impact of their participation by considering the following:
- travelling by train, bus, metro, or bicycle to/from and within Lausanne whenever possible
- booking accommodations near the congress centre and reachable by public transport
- avoiding printing programmes
- avoiding the distribution of flyers or other printed materials
- avoiding the production of waste and, in particular, the utilization of single-use materials wherever possible. Of note, catering services use only reusable material.
We did not print a paper programme book and daily programme and instead encourage attendees to access the programme online and/or through smartphones. The programme at a glance was printed on one A4 paper to improve visibility.